Are Gel Window Clings Toxic to Cats? Know The Truth!

Published:

Updated:

Author:

Are Gel Window Clings Toxic to Cats

Disclaimer

As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.

Window clings are common in many houses. No worries about using the gel window cling until you have a pet, especially a cat.

So, are gel window clings toxic to cats? Yes, gel window clings are toxic to cats. The chemicals used in this product are poisonous. Other health issues and liver damage may result from it. Also, picking up any gel clings that drop to the floor can create a critical situation. This is because cats have a tendency to eat from the ground.

This article will review why clings are harmful to cats. This article provides information about its risks, prevention, and treatment. Continue reading to learn more!

Are Gel Window Clings Toxic to Cats?

Yes, window decals or clings are toxic to cats. I have a pet cat named Muezza. She eats a lot of stuff out of curiosity. In my house, clings are attached to the wall. So, I have grown curious about whether it is toxic or not. Then I learned that it contains poisonous elements that can affect my Muezza.

Additionally, my curious cat could be drawn in by the striking colors and patterns on these clings. This product is aesthetically appealing for windows and other spaces. Window decals frequently contain polyvinyl acetate, a kind of glue. This glue may be hazardous to cats if consumed.

Symptoms of Gel Window Ingestion Cling in Cats?

If a cat consumes any gel window cling, you can see the symptoms below:

Consuming Sign

Your cat can consume window decorations by sniffing or licking them. So you can find chewed-up or broken bits of the clings lying around the home.

Observe Behavior

You should keep a close eye out for any indications of discomfort or suffering in your cat. Because cats can not talk about the pains or discomforts that they suffer. So, by watching their behavior, you can determine whether they have consumed any of the stuff.

Potential Health Risks

Consuming gel clings can cause many dangers. If your cat ingests one, it will show some common signs. Lethargy, profuse drooling, vomiting, and diarrhea are examples of these.

If it is trapped in the digestive system, some changes can occur. The changes include symptoms like loss of appetite and weight loss.

The clings’ polyvinyl acetate has adhesive properties. It can potentially upset the stomach, resulting in pain and dehydration. This situation necessitates very urgent medical intervention.

Measures To Take After Ingesting Clings By A Cat

I have once seen my Muezza licking the window decals. That time, I got anxious and took many wrong steps. If your cat consumes it, you should follow the given steps to avoid any mistakes.

  • Stay Calm: First and foremost, you should maintain your composure and serenity. Panicking won’t assist your cat, and you need to remain calm in this circumstance.
  • Searching In The Mouth: Open your cat’s mouth with one hand. Search if there is any part remaining in its mouth. If present, take it out of its mouth.
  • Contact Veterinary Assistance: You should immediately call the veterinarian for guidance. They can offer prompt advice and directions for what to do next. Do not give any medicine to your cat without a prescription.

Preventive Measures for Cat Owners

You should take the following precautions to protect your cherished kitty:

  • Avoid Using: The best course of action is to never use clings. You should reduce the chance that your cat may come into touch with these potentially hazardous decorations.
  • Safe Location: You must utilize window decorations where your cat cannot get them. The cat will not reach if they are on higher windows or other glass surfaces.
  • Monitoring: You can monitor your cat while introducing new decor to see how they react. You should make sure to take an inordinate interest in the decorations, whether they like it or not.
  • Non-Toxic Alternatives: Choose different cat-safe decor to create a pet-friendly atmosphere. Your cat’s health won’t be in danger from static window decals, hanging toys, or non-toxic stickers.
  • Durable Materials: Also, look for decorations built of sturdy materials that won’t shatter easily. Avoiding delicate ornaments can help avoid accidents and injury.
  • Regular Inspections: You can often look around your windows to see if any decorations are damaged. Then, immediately remove any broken things if you relocate them to reduce the danger of ingestion.
  • Providing Distractions: You can divert their focus from potential dangers by giving your cat toys and engaging instruments.

Likewise, you should prioritize your cat’s safety by staying away from harmful products and choosing cat-safe accents.

FAQs

There are some commonly asked questions about cats related to gel window clings.

Q: Can gel clings get stuck in a cat’s throat if consumed?

Yes, gel clings can get stuck in a cat’s throat. It occurs due to the adhesive and sticky nature of clings. It is crucial to get veterinary help if your cat swallows one.

Q: Could my cat die by eating window cling?

Yes, your cat can die by eating window clinging. It is neither edible nor digestible. Also, the chemicals it contains can cause measurable conditions for your pet.

Q: Can gel window clinging cause stomach problems for cats?

Yes, consuming gel window clinging can cause problems in the stomach of the cat. These decorations’ gel-like texture raises the possibility of bowel obstructions, diarrhea, vomiting, and weight loss.

Conclusion

Cats can be poisoned by gel window decals. If your cat eats or licks the polyvinyl acetate glue used in these decorations, it might be dangerous. The potential concerns include digestive system obstructions and gastrointestinal disorders, which might result in serious health complications.

You should take security steps for your cat’s well-being first by staying away from gel window clings entirely. Regular veterinary check-ups can detect the problems that arise if your cat eats it. Not only that, if you haven’t noticed her eating, it will also be found in regular check-ups. Be safe and stay careful.

About the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts

  • Vet Didn’t Give Cone After Neutering Cat! What Should I Do?

    Vet Didn’t Give Cone After Neutering Cat! What Should I Do?

    Vets usually wrap a plastic cone around the cat’s neck following a neuter. It is done to prevent the cat from licking or biting the wound. But in Muezza’s case, the vet didn’t provide that cone after neutering. So, what should you do if your vet didn’t give cone after neutering cat? You can buy…

    Read more

  • Cerenia Killed My Cat! You Better Be Aware!

    Cerenia Killed My Cat! You Better Be Aware!

    Before bringing Muezza home, I lost the first pet cat of my life. Once I was traveling with her, she had a bit of motion sickness and started vomiting a little. As soon as I got back, I gave her Cerenia tablets. Though she stopped vomiting, her condition got worse within a few days. I…

    Read more

  • How To Help Kitten Sneeze Out Formula: Why It’s Necessary?

    How To Help Kitten Sneeze Out Formula: Why It’s Necessary?

    Kittens’ sneezing while feeding them is a common event for most kitten owners. It is a natural reflex that helps them to expel the formula that may have entered their respiratory tract. Yet, sometimes, your kitten may feel difficulty in doing so and will need your help. So, how to help a kitten sneeze out…

    Read more